Achieve Balance and Comfort
At PMA Dermatology, we understand the physical and emotional challenges associated with overly large breasts. Our breast reduction procedures are designed to help you achieve a more proportionate and comfortable breast size, improving your quality of life and overall well-being. Contact us today at (352) 565-7575 to schedule a consultation and learn more about how breast reduction can enhance your body contours and boost your self-confidence.
What is this procedure?
Breast reduction, also known as reduction mammoplasty, is a surgical procedure aimed at reducing the size and volume of the breasts. It involves removing excess breast tissue, fat, and skin to achieve a more proportionate breast size that aligns with your body frame.
What body part does this procedure target?
Breast reduction primarily targets the breasts. The procedure is used to address concerns associated with overly large breasts, including:
- Excessive breast volume: Breast reduction surgery reduces the volume and weight of the breasts to alleviate discomfort and improve body proportions.
- Sagging and ptosis: The procedure can also address sagging and ptosis (breast drooping) by lifting and reshaping the breast tissue.
Who is a good candidate for Treatment?
Good candidates for breast reduction are individuals who:
- Have disproportionately large breasts in relation to their body frame.
- Experience physical discomfort or pain due to the weight and size of their breasts.
- Have difficulty finding clothing that fits properly and comfortably.
- Have skin irritation or rashes beneath the breasts.
- Have realistic expectations about the procedure and its outcomes.
- Are in good overall health and do not have any medical conditions that may interfere with the surgery or recovery.
- Are non-smokers or willing to quit smoking prior to the procedure.
During a consultation at PMA Dermatology, our experienced team will assess your specific needs and goals to determine if you are a suitable candidate for breast reduction.
Why is this procedure used for?
Breast reduction is used for various reasons, including:
- Alleviating physical discomfort: Overly large breasts can cause physical discomfort, such as back, neck, and shoulder pain, bra strap grooving, and skin irritation. Breast reduction can provide relief from these symptoms and improve overall comfort.
- Enhancing body proportions: Breast reduction helps achieve a more balanced and proportionate body contour by reducing the size of the breasts to better align with your physique.
- Boosting self-confidence: Many individuals with large breasts experience self-consciousness and dissatisfaction with their appearance. Breast reduction can enhance self-esteem and body image, allowing individuals to feel more comfortable and confident in their bodies.
How Does this procedure Work?
Breast reduction typically involves the following steps:
- Anesthesia: You will receive either general anesthesia or local anesthesia with intravenous sedation to ensure your comfort during the surgery.
- Incision placement: The surgeon will make incisions around the areola and may extend vertically down the breast and along the breast crease in a keyhole or anchor-shaped pattern. The choice of incision pattern depends on the extent of the reduction and the desired outcome.
- Tissue and fat removal: Excess breast tissue, fat, and skin are carefully removed to reduce the volume and size of the breasts. The remaining breast tissue is reshaped to achieve a more natural and aesthetically pleasing contour.
- Nipple repositioning: The nipple and areola complex is repositioned to a higher, more youthful position that is proportionate to the new breast size and shape.
- Incision closure: The incisions are meticulously closed using sutures, and dressings or surgical tape may be applied to facilitate the healing process.
- Recovery and follow-up: You will be provided with detailed post-operative instructions to aid in your recovery. Regular follow-up visits will be scheduled to monitor your healing progress and address any concerns.
What is the cost?
The cost of breast reduction can vary based on factors such as the complexity of the procedure, surgeon’s expertise, geographic location, and other associated fees. During your consultation at PMA Dermatology, we will provide you with a comprehensive cost estimate tailored to your specific needs and goals.
Benefits of Arm Lifts
Undergoing breast reduction at PMA Dermatology offers numerous benefits, including:
- Alleviation of physical discomfort and pain associated with large breasts.
- Improved body proportions and symmetry.
- Relief from bra strap grooving and skin irritation.
- Enhanced self-confidence and body image.
- Expanded clothing options and increased comfort during physical activities.
Take the first step towards achieving a more comfortable and proportionate breast size by contacting PMA Dermatology at (352) 565-7575 to schedule a consultation. Our experienced team will provide personalized recommendations and support you throughout your breast reduction journey.